Front-end Engineer - Job Description
About the Job
Storied is looking for a front-end engineer who will work as the fifth member of the team. The successful candidate will work directly with the founding team to develop our web and mobile apps in collaboration with our back-end Engineer. The role reports to the CEO. Core responsibilities include:
- Building and improving features of our React web app, React-Native app, and NodeJS server.
- Supporting our CI/CD pipelines and orchestrating new version releases
- Collaborating with the core team, contract engineers, early customers and new hires as needed to accelerate projects.
- Identifying & prioritizing technical opportunities that allow for a better user experience for faster development iteration process.
- Understanding user’s needs and turning them into business experiments and working code
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Significant experience with React, React Native, and relevant databases (MongoDB)
- Experience with UX designs using tools like Figma and turning them into enjoyable products
- You should identify strongly with our values: taking ownership, driving forward fearlessly, having unbounded curiosity, and optimizing for energy
- You are a motivated, self-starter, who takes responsibility and who can gracefully handle ambiguity
- You have at least 3 years of front-end software development
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with building and scaling a product from discovery through high growth
- Experience with Express and Bootstrap is a bonus
- Knowledge of cross-platform animation, responsive styles, data display, and web/mobile UX design.
- Knowledge of Mongoose, Typegoose, TS decorators, and cyclic graphs is preferred.
- Experience with Google Cloud services is preferred
- A degree in CS or a related field, or equivalent relevant experience is strongly preferred
About the company
Storied has pre-seed funding from Floodgate and Bee Partners. It is led by Nick Koshnick a serial entrepreneur and data science leader. Frank Corrigan leads growth marketing and brings deep experience with analytics, writing, and leading large teams. Mircea Ene leads our back-end engineering efforts having previously worked at Electronic Arts and Anna Shcherbyna leads design. We’re looking forward to adding you to our team.